SELLER's Terms and Conditions
If you are listing a plate for sale on the Personalised Plates website, you agree to and understand the following Seller's Terms and Conditions.
You agree that:
- We do not have any involvement in the negotiations and arrangements between you and the purchaser of a Personalised Plate.
- We are not your agent or the purchaser’s agent.
- We have no obligation to assist with or settle any dispute between you and: A purchaser of the Personalised Plate; and/or others claiming ownership rights to the advertised Personalised Plate
- We will not post your listing to the website until we have received, and cleared your payment of the listing fee.
- We may refuse to post, or remove from the website without notice to you, your listing if we consider it illegal or offensive, or if the Personalised Plate has not previously been issued.
- We may edit your listing as we deem necessary.
- We give no undertakings, representations or warranties in relation to personalised plates sold or listed on the website.
- We take no responsibility or liability for any misconduct.
- Your listing is valid for a term of 6 months unless it is renewed.
- We may remove your listing without notice if your listing expires and it is not renewed or should your contact details become invalid and/or we can no longer contact you.
- Your use of the Resale Service is at your sole risk.
- Except to the extent that you have rights as a “consumer” under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, we will not be liable to you for any costs, expenses, losses or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, loss of profits or business opportunity), which arise out of your listing application or the posting of your listing to our website.
- If you are acquiring our services for the purpose of a business, you agree that the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply.
- On the sale of your Personalised Plate we may disclose the Personalised Plate, sale amount and the date of sale, and use this information for marketing and other business purposes.
You confirm that:
- You are the sole legal and beneficial owner of the Personalised Plate you wish to sell.
- The Personalised Plate is available for sale, has previously been issued, and is not the subject of any charge, lien or other security.
- You will not use our website or advertising service for illegal activities.
- You will promptly inform us if your Personalised Plate is sold (including the price the Personalised Plate was sold for), or if you withdraw your Personalised Plate from sale.
- You are the person whose contact details are to be published with the advertisement (or that you have obtained the permission of the person whose contact details will be published).
- We have your permission to post the contact information supplied by you to our website in conjunction with your listing, or to disclose those contact details in response to queries about a plate listed by you.
- You are responsible for notifying us of any change to the contact information as posted on our website.
You agree that the maximum extent permitted by law, any and all liability and responsibility of us to you or any other person under or in connection with these terms and conditions, or in connection with the Resale Service, another buyer or seller’s acts or omissions, or your use of or inability to use, the Resale Service, is excluded regardless of whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statutory duty or otherwise. Our liability and responsibility is excluded in respect of any and all loss or damage, whether direct to indirect, including without limitation, loss of profits, loss of data, loss of business or anticipated savings, general and special damages, and consequential and incidental loss.
You agree to release, indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against all actions, claims, costs (including legal costs and expenses), losses, proceedings, damages, liabilities or demands suffered or incurred by us to any person arising out of or in connection with your failure to comply with these terms and conditions, or arising out of any content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Resale Service.
We may amend these terms and conditions at any time and from time to time. If following, any such review, there is a change to these terms that change will take effect from the date on which we give notice to you of such change.
These are the terms and conditions applying as of 1st April 2013.